WENEW is seeking a full time controller to be responsible for building the foundation to run an operationally sound business. The ideal candidate will have the ability to handle tax questions and liabilities that will evolve over time. The candidate will understand a creative working environment and how to collaborate across all levels and departments in the business with ease. Proactive management of our financial health and ability to adapt to a dynamic and ever evolving business and industry is key.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial analysis, budget vs. actual, budget preparation.
- Internal and external audits
- Compliance, policies and procedures
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Fixed assets schedules and depreciation
- General ledger reconciliations
- Intercompany transactions
- Bank reconciliations
Expense and budget tracking for Projects and Departments
- Partner with department leaders to ensure there are no revenue accounting surprises to financial forecast or long-term financial model assumptions.
- Ongoing upkeep of various spending including headcount, contractor expense, fees, etc.
- Partner with producers and project leads to ensure project spends stay on budget and are adjusted as needed
- Project based accounting is tracked and realized to enable teams to understand the financial success of their projects.
Tax coordinating and Reports, Cryptocurrency education and tracking
- Due to the nature of the business and the new regulations that will evolve as the industry evolves, we need to understand and coordinate with tax experts.
- Reports and form preparation for the organization and investors as it relates to taxes and reporting.
- Tracking and visibility for tax accounting and cash flow unique to our business. Requires purchasing and exchanging cryptocurrencies and sharing royalties with entities outside of the US.
- Must have ASC 606, Revenue Accounting and SAAS Industry experience
- Knowledge of SOX 404 procedures as well as on-going documentation
- Experience with implementing U.S. GAAP and Internal Controls
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency
- Project management and systems implementation experience
- Stakeholder management and communication across all levels
- Experience in Audit and general accounting desired
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, masters preferred
- At least 3+ years of Controller level experience. Ideal background working for an investment firm, Private Equity, or Venture Capital firm.
- CPA license highly preferred